Thursday, March 6, 2008

SPRING....ahead







Today is another example for me of how quickly time moves. Snap...it's time to turn the clocks ahead again. It's almost spring and soon it will be summer.



It was only a few days ago, or so it seems to me now, that I was wondering and worrying how I would manage to get through the quickly approaching winter. Imagine here if you will, darkness and cold everyday and long, long nights. Then add thoughts of everything that we were facing. It all seemed overwhelming and unending.
Yet here we are on the verge of spring. There are buds beginning to swell on the tips of the tree branches with the promise of beautiful Magnolia explosions (not unlike the swelling of our beautiful daughter-in law). Yesterday I saw the tips of my daffodil and tulip bulbs erupting from the soil in my front yard. I can hear the early song birds chirping in the trees out back. The recent rain washed away all of the snow. Ahhh...spring!
It wasn't that long or hard a winter after all. Sure, there may be more snowy days in March. March can hold bitterly cold, wet, windy weather, but April and May are riding the coattails of any of that.
This weekend we turn the clocks ahead -loosing an hour of sleep and gaining day light hours. Hours that we happily add that bring more opportunities to be outside. To feel alive.

No comments: