Monday, July 6, 2009

Celebrating July Fourth-2009

July Fourth- 2009 was for me, everything a holiday weekend should be.

I am enjoying some overwhelming feelings of gratitude these days. I like to imagine that these precious moments are prized gifts that I am unwrapping slowly, minute by minute. I relish each moment as I peel open the days of summer. At the same time I'm worried that it all might go by too fast for me to remember. I might forget all the smiles and the sounds of Aliza's giggles. I'll forget how wonderful it felt as I lived the out days and moments.
People often confuse my frequent camera activity as just overzealous photography, when in fact I am busy trying to capture a small fraction of the moments of my life as they speed by me, so that I can look back and feel the warmth of those days again when I need a smile on my face... Perhaps during a cold day in January.

Soooo.... here are my January memories.

Again missing this weekend and very much missed were Beth and Scott! So Beth, you can share some of my beach house memories.

Thanks go out to the kids for sharing their time and Aliza- with us! Thanks to Aliza for being
SO VERY CUTE!

Fence Picture 2009

Splash, splash...Aliza in her beach pool.
We were given the prize of watching Aliza's face beam as she watched the neighborhood parade go by the house. She waved her flag proudly and clapped her hands.






Corn hole in the side lot--- making the yard come to life. Getting ready for the parade!










Aliza enjoying the simple pleasures and easy days at the beach house- Parades, beads,candy,ice cream, flags and fireworks all around us- ours for the taking.











An Ice cream social at the Front beach with all of the neighbors.



.




Let me try to remember...
Climbing up and down the ONE step going to the porch.
VVVroom -BBBrrroom riding.
Splash, splashing
Flags waving everywhere!
YUMMY... Ice Cream !!!!!
Neighborhood walking.
Big high tides.
Bright moonlit nights.
NO RAIN!!!
Hot dogs and hamburgers.
A picnic with Aunt Lynn, Uncle Lee and Aunt Mary.
Taking Aliza out for her first ride in the boat in the cove.
Lisa, relaxed and quietly reading "rag mags" or a good book, out in the sun on the dock.
Russ and Dad go out kayaking early in the morning.
Fireworks all around the cove (even over on Long Island)
The clear night sky.









No comments: