Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween Aliza-2010




Cherish each special moment.

I can't believe that Aliza is out Trick or Treating (and liking it!).
Wasn't she a little helpless thing just a few days ago?
Watching her grow up, at lightening speeds, reinforces just how fast and fleeting life can be.

We're waiting for the arrival of Baby "Nugget", who could be here any day now.  Who will that be?  How will "Nuggets" existence change the world that we know?  Won't it be wonderful when we find out!

I forced myself today to stop and take a few moments to "mark it down."  I wanted to hold it all tightly to my heart, so that I will always remember simple happy times. When the unknown can sometimes be an exciting thing!

Last night I did something that I had not done before.  I went back over my BLOG posts, starting from the beginning.  Beth had called earlier in the evening and told me that she had been looking at pictures that I had posted in my earlier blogs. She mentioned a few of them.  So,  I decided to go back to the beginning and look at them myself.  It was fun to remember and it was also very frightening.
I had forgotten how much I had written.  I remember wanting to write about what was happening, so that someday I would be able to look back and remember. I never imagined what a quick turn my life would take just after I began writing.
As I reread the pages I found that I was quickly flooded with emotion.  I was reminded that  there were so many times that the worst could have been just over the next hill or around the next corner.  It could have been...  but thankfully it wasn't.
Remembering some of those very hard days in my postings from a few years back, brought some tears. But along with those posts, were many happy ones that brought back BIG SMILES!

October 30, 2006.
The was the day that our world officially shattered.
It's now been 4 years since Tracey's Lung Cancer diagnosis.  Happy Anniversary my Love!
This is an Anniversary that we celebrate now with tremendous gratitude and humility.  Our lives could have been so different today, if not for the skilled care of our doctors and the loving support of our children and our friends.
Four years ago I vowed to HATE Halloween and it's dirty tricks forever. (I did hate Halloween up until- last night.)  That was silly.  It's a fun and casual holiday, simple and full of candy and laughing.  Aliza's pure joy reminded me that every moment in life is special, even those scary/difficult ones.
Maybe those very hard days are even more special.  Because they reminded me to think about just how precious those easy/good days are.

No comments: