Did you ever have a moment when you knew that life was great and you knew that you were extremely grateful, but you felt a little sad and sorry for yourself anyway?I did this morning. I knew that all of my greatest wishes, for myself and my family, had been granted.
We were blessed. Our family was healthy and happy. We are all safe and well loved. We are blessed with beautiful grandchildren whose existence we cherish.
But, I was still feeling blue about the holidays and how far apart our family is. Everyone has family obligations, I fully understand and agree. But I still felt sad.
That was until I got a call from my sister. I had sent her flowers for her table. Her family was gathering at her house for a long weekend and a big Thanksgiving Dinner. She called to say thank you.
We chatted about our day, our lives, our plans and about silly things. She brought me back.
She made me feel whole and gave me something precious. She gave me some of her time on a busy day of preparations. It was an unexpected and lovely gift. Her voice and her time.
Later in the afternoon my doorbell rang and a delivery man was standing there with a beautiful arrangement for ME -from my sister. We are not having a dinner or a celebration at our house.
But it made me feel loved and whole. Thanks Cindy!! I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment