Monday, August 20, 2012

Our Family reunites --Summer of 2012!

It all began last summer with a thought about my family.  
I had been having a strong pull of emotion. I  dreamed about having my family (my brother and sister)  together for a 
"joyful" reunion.  The only times we had ALL gathered had been for funerals. We had never been a close family.  In fact we have spent most of our adult years far apart. We separated ourselves by miles and barely communicated with one and other. The family that bound us to each other had been our common source of pain and bad memories. The funerals of our parents had been our last days together (the last one ten years or more ago.)
  
My loving and wonderful husband offered me a gift. He said that he would "foot the bill" to make it happen.  Time was moving on and so were we, if not now...when? 
That's when I began to wonder if we could do it?  Could we all come together for a joyous reason and celebrate life and look to the future together?  
 I began eagerly to put things into place.  I set a date, made some plans and then I started to dream about what might be. 

 A Family Reunion!

It took some work.  Below are just a few of many beautiful photos of the four days that miraculously came together this August. Families arrived and the Reunion began to grow and take shape.  The threats of foul weather dissipated and the sun came out for all of our planned events. My heart burst with joy as I watched all of us- with our children- with their children- with their cousins and their children.  We were a family again!  A big family.
Thank you everyone for making the effort.  
Thank you to my wonderful husband for the gift of seeing MY family together!




























No comments: