
Tomorrow we head back into Boston to get the results of the needle biopsy done on the enlarged lymph node in my husbands left chest. It's been our goal for some time now. Waiting and working the system just to find out what it is, has become more than a full time job. The PET Scan lit up way back in September and lit up in the same way a few weeks ago. But, here we are going into December and we are just getting the 411 on it -hopefully- tomorrow. Those colored dots in the photo above are all lymph node. They are supposed to be there. They are scattered all over our bodies and work as sponges. Our tonsils are lymph nodes. These help to remove unwanted cells from the chest and lungs, like bacteria and viruses--and cancers. They don't know what to do with the cancer cells though. That's the problem.
During the wait we have had wonderful times. We've celebrated with family and friends and found out that our son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first baby, our first grand child. Life is full and happy... except for the existence of this lymph node.
I'm sure that the next time that I post I'll have some other insights into the direction our lives will be taking. But for today, it's been a wonderful few weeks!
During the wait we have had wonderful times. We've celebrated with family and friends and found out that our son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first baby, our first grand child. Life is full and happy... except for the existence of this lymph node.
I'm sure that the next time that I post I'll have some other insights into the direction our lives will be taking. But for today, it's been a wonderful few weeks!
1 comment:
So many lymph nodes, no big deal to take one out! My prayers are that this will be the end of this journey...and that we can look forward to a brighter future!
Post a Comment