Friday, December 28, 2007

Thinking about the New Year

This is a picture of my beautiful daughter-in-law and her brand new belly. She is 4 months pregnant with her first baby, our first grand child. Isn't this a precious picture! I'm thinking about her and how her life is changing along with my son's. Growing in love-into the loving parents that I know they will be. This is a picture of the 4 most important people in our lives. They are wonderful. Is it bragging to say that they are loving and thoughtful. They bring me so much joy. I love every minute that I share with them. Thankfully they still share many with us.
These are my children, who now as young adults still give each other love and friendship. These are the moments that fill my spirit- just as the times they shared toys- when they were really small and wearing footed pajamas.

This is Christmas Eve at my son and daughter in laws home. A new tradition that I look forward to cherishing!


There is so much to look forward to in the New Year. But I love looking back and smiling from time to time....



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I LOVE this post! Although I got a little misty eyed!
Christmas is one of my favorite time of year too--there is something magical and wonderful and joyful about it, every year, now matter how old I get.
And one of the things that I love about my brother and sister (and I see it in Beth and Russ too) is that I really like them. I mean, not because I have to because they are my siblings, but because I really do like who they are as adults. It's so wonderful to have a brother and a sister (and now a sister in law) who I genuinely love as people and who I love to be with. It's also so wonderful to have in laws that I absolutely adore! I am SO lucky that I don't have the scary in laws that I know some of my friends have!!!!