Sunday, January 6, 2008

Setting up my first i-pod


I'm not stupid, but I'm not tech savvy either. I am something in the middle. I don't know how to get the movies onto my new i-pod touch!!! I had my son-in-law show me how to put in my music. That was easy. I downloaded some audio books. That was easy too! I got it all set in my new car, not to hard too do. But I can't get it to play any of the movies that I purchased through I-tunes.


I wanted to put some movies on to watch while we were waiting for treatments at Dana-Farber this winter. I thought that it would be a fun-close together-small screen-activity for us to share.

I'm disappointed in my lack of abilities in this area! I'll work on that along with my other deficiencies another time, I'm going to go watch a DVD on our big TV -now-that's really easy.
9:00PM
It's now several hours later in the evening. My son has just called and explained all of the steps to me, helping me to accomplish my goal of syncing my movies and podcasts into my new i-pod. He talked me through it slowly and....IT WORKED!!!! He explained how I will manage my material later on to keep it from using too much space- Did I mention that HE'S BRILLIANT!!!
He even suggested that I check out some free podcasts that my husband would enjoy--
"The ONION," a parody news cast and some items from NPR, which I immediately did. How great was that?! Now we're all set to head out. We can tackle our new mission (that is -enduring Chemotherapy and radiation treatments two hours from home daily, for the next seven weeks) and enjoying some of the waiting and commuting time with our new high tech gadget.
Thank goodness for our brilliant kids!!
Thanks Russ xoxoxox

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think he's pretty brilliant too! He told me I could explain it to you (I want to hear about the baby furniture store you found!!!) but I told him HE should explain....he is good like that!

Anonymous said...

Listen to that tech savvy vocab you've got there....sync your ipod touch. You don't give yourself enough credit for how much more you know about technology than most people! Go Russ...