Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bad things happen to good people.

My heart hurts for you.

Life has been especially hard lately. I can't seem to find level ground. I wish things weren't so challenging for us, everyday. A cancer diagnosis can change everything. When will life be normal?

It's not about me this time. Suddenly there is a darkness that is so heavy. Heavier than cancer.

What do you say to a young, beautiful person whose life has just been ravaged by an act so violent, so horrifying, that her entire life, as she has always known it, has instantly been
changed-- forever-- in a flash ?

FLASH!!!

Your family is gone!
The family that you have loved and has loved you..... is forever gone!

I am so sorry for your loss......

FLASH... you have just crossed a line that you could never imagine existed.

Why??? A senseless act by one person, that will effect so many... forever.

What words could comfort any person at a time like this?

I am so sorry for your loss........

Random violence. So many lives are destroyed.
So unexplainable, so violent and so final.
It came suddenly, unexpectedly and undeserved.
My paranoid self fears that it can happen to anyone of us, anywhere, at any time.
It makes fighting cancer seem easy.
What can you say to those who are left behind?
What could you say to someone who is living through this magnitude of pain?

No words will fix it.
Time may soften the memory of what has happened.
Know that the love of those around you will carry you forward.
Know that life will go on somehow.


I am sorry for your loss..... It just isn't enough, but I am -so very sorry for your loss.

No comments: