Thursday, April 24, 2008

SPRING @>---->--->------ Blossoms







It's a beautiful time of year in New England. After long cold winters with dreary grey colors, it's finally spring time. All around me things are swelling and blooming (even my daughter -in -law). Colors are exploding everywhere I look. The evening skies have been clear and colorful at sunset and star filled at night. It's been unseasonably warm with days in the 70's and even 80's. The windows are all open.

The warm temperatures are forcing the lawns to grow quickly and they need to be mowed already. I'm one of those people who LOVES the smell of freshly mowed grass, so I'm thrilled.

There is so much to be said for having "four seasons" to set your life clock by. You can relax and feel each one coming and growing steadily, leading into the next. The anticipation is palpable. The lead up to summers grandness fills your chest with excitement! I get just as excited by the other end of the seasons as well. I love getting ready to rest and snuggle in. I love the anticipation of the Holiday's!



Ahhh........... but now it's time to savor the warmth and all that it brings! There will be corn on the cob, lobster, fresh tomatoes, just picked peppers, grilling and eating outdoors. I will be sitting on the dock, smelling of sunscreen and reading a great book or squishing my toes into the sand and mud and watching the fish jump and horseshoe crabs scurry awkwardly back into the water. It's great to be here!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing mom. I couldn't agree more! Hooray for summer and all the fun it will bring.

Lisa said...

Blech, what an icky picture of me! :)
But I agree, I can't WAIT for summer and barbeques and beach house visits and BABY!!!!!