Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I don't know if I'm a real grandmother yet....

"Well this guy is here again."

"I am getting used to the routine around here." thought Aliza. " Either that or they are getting used to mine."

"I don't even have to cry, I just fuss a bit and my Mom feeds me right away. I really like her for that, so I let her sleep a bit later at night as a reward for helping me so much."

Aliza stretched out, gave a big yawn. She raised her arms over her head and felt a large gush of warm something in her paper pants.

"OOh gosh, I really hate wearing these paper pants when this happens. I hope that she comes over and gives me new ones soon. She usually comes right away when this happens."

"Here she comes, I can hear her talking to me already" "She's talking to me in her soft Mommy tone.
"Aliza, did you poop?" the voice said. "Let me check... yep you did! Let's change these for you."

This was not a process that she liked having to go through. They had to get her undressed and that made her cold. Then came the wet wipes that always surprised her by their sudden coldness. Soon it was over and she was put back together and warm again.

"Thanks Mom." Aliza thought, as she opened an eye to get a quick look at her mother. She tried to say thank you, but all that would come out was .....ooooaaa and she waved her hand a bit.

"I'm still so tired. That was quite big a week last week. Moving into this new place and getting used to eating the food. This is different. I didn't have to do much before. And all of the light, it's so bright out here and noisy, but the food is great!"

" My other place was quiet and warm with a nice darkness that didn't hurt my eyes. Now I'm trying to open my eyes, but it's so bright. When I do get them to stay open I see so many new faces and things. It's confusing, but not too bad. Some of the voices are familiar to me now. There is my Mom, and my new Dad, I remember those voices from before. But now there are so many new ones."

"Yesterday I felt this fuzzy, furry thing near me. They called him a Linus. I don't think that he is a baby like me, but who knows?? I have been going out the door of the new place into the "outside". More bright light and new sounds for me to figure out."

Aliza closed her eyes and listened to the new "outside sounds". She listened to the birds chirping, a bee was buzzing around the lilac bush in her yard. The breeze was blowing through the trees off of her front porch. Soon she would get used to these things and remember them.

For now Aliza just wanted to feel the air on her face and close her eyes while listening to her mothers voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun it will be for you all.
Keep us posted.
SB