Saturday, January 17, 2009

1/20/2009 A thrilling day in American History.

What a great day we'll share on Tuesday, January 20, 2009.

On Tuesday I will share a new day in America's History with Aliza. I'm so excited and she has no idea. Maybe someday she will read about this day and I'll remind her that we watched it together. She looks too young to understand, but I know that she listens and watches everything.
My plan for this Tuesday is to tell Aliza all about what is happening in our nations capitol. We'll watch the Inauguration of a new president together. I'll tell her about how this came about and what we all hope will happen because of this day.
On this day in America, when so much seems to be going wrong, we'll watch the Presidential Inauguration and I will tell her that because of this day we have hope for a better tomorrow. I'll remind her that she and I are all a part of this history. I'll tell her that she will have her responsibilities ahead of her as she grows. She'll be asked to to learn, to speak up, to vote, and live her life to it's fullest in our America of the Future. LOOK To the right.... is a picture of our future!

No comments: