
I like to think of myself as moving forward. I attempt to keep up with local and world news. I was completely enthralled by the year of Presidential primaries, caucuses and finally the "big election."
I take pride in my expanding but limited abilities to use my ever changing technologies like...my cellphones . Each new phone with ever changing abilities and properties; including but not limited to calling, texting, directions, photos and video's and syncing it to my car radio for hands free use. I can do this!!! I use my GPS with ease. I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled many programs onto my computer. I've cleaned up huge Trojan Viral attacks and reinstalled my programs. I can Blog and download pictures and videos. I have a growing confidence in my computer skills. I can use Word fairly well. I don't do Power Point-- nor do I need to, but I think that I could if I wanted to. I can use the simple functions of my new digital camera. I've installed our new HD TV's and hooked up the correct cables. But there is a big new hurdle that I just can't clear.
I can NOT get my IPod touch to sync to my itunes.
Believe me, I tried everything that I could. I've printed out pages and pages of trouble shooting and followed the instructions carefully. I spent all day Saturday and most of Sunday trying to correct the problem, uninstalling and reinstalling, backing up and restoring. Nothing, NADA! Finally as a last resort- I called Apple Support. A very nice support person spent another several hours on the phone with me trying to "unlock" my IPod.
NO DICE... no sync. I learned a lot, but nothing happened. Wait, that's not true.
Apple Support helped me, even though my warranty expired 14 days ago. She spent hours calmly walking me through things that I had already tried and new things that I hadn't. In the end nothing solved the problem. But Apple has offered to fix it -no charge or replace it with a new one even though my warranty had expired. I learned that some companies care that you are happy with their product. I would by another Apple Product.
No comments:
Post a Comment