
We're coming up on our one year anniversary. The one year mark of the first clear CAT Scan results. This year has been full. It's been filled with the joys of watching Aliza grow, being involved in her little life and the lives of our grown children (God bless them all) It's overfilled by the punishing work of everyday life and owning your own business, for that we are grateful to be able to complain! Last April as the chemotherapy and radiation treatments were finishing and the symptoms left in their wake seemed overwhelming, there was still relief. We had a hopeful feeling that everything that could be done this time around had been done. We did our best and arrived on time in Boston for each and every treatment. I speak as if I were being radiated and poisoned. I wasn't, but I feel like I went through all the rest, as if it was me on the table, in the chemo chair and waiting for each test result to be delivered by the Oncologist. We did it together all the way.
One year after it was finished, one year after the first scan results came back with NED_
"no evidence of disease" it was followed by the next scan 3 months and another 3 month scan -ALL CLEAR, and 6 months later with the same clear reading. Now, a year after the treatments have ended... the one year scan is still ALL CLEAR! YEAH!!!
Thank you family, thank you Doctors and thank you all for your prayers and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment