Monday, November 17, 2008

Fake Thanksgiving 2008

This year our Fake Thanksgiving celebration included Aliza. Last year our big surprise was the announcement that she was coming! I wasn't the only one who melted when she smiled.




Today she turns six months old and she is quite a little person. She was the "real centerpiece" for our Thanksgiving table this year, and of course the turkey!





It was wonderful to share the day with family members, old and new. Everyone brought something special to share. We had home made pies and ice cream, wines, salad and pineapple bake, fresh cranberry/ orange relish and deliciously decadent chocolate bars.





The turkey was done on time (whew!) and we all fit (elbow to elbow) at one big table. My favorite part of the day was, Scott making a human chain over to Lisa, during Uncle Lee's blessing. We all held hands and spread out across the room to include Lisa and Aliza. That's our Scott.




The day went by so fast. It always takes so long to put it together and a blink to eat it all up.


Beth brought all of the pieces for making these pretty Christmas ornaments for our 2008 "craft". A fun part of the day that gives us all a little something to remember Fake Thanksgiving.




Russ and Scott made a HUGE Sunday Breakfast for all of us! Yummy! I am most grateful for the love that our family shares with us. I am thankful everyday that we are a family, together or apart. I have these days to remember and it makes me smile!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

That was my favorite part of the day too. Well, that and making crafts... and eating yummy food, and seeing Beth and Scott play with Aliza...and watching Gramps talking to her.. and seeing her sitting at the table with us....and... OK, I have a lot of favorite parts!