Saturday, October 9, 2010

Moving IN day


It's a beginning!

Living room space- before

Unpacking  in the kitchen.

All set up for breakfast tomorrow.

Living room -After- ready for relaxing- From Bob's!!!

Covering all the former tenant-nail holes- with pictures gathered from home.

Bedroom set from Bob's too!

Ahhhhhhhh.....  the Bob - O -Pedic.
This week I took my first car load of  "extra stuff" for the first of many happy trips up to the North Shore.

The moving in day began with driving rain and ended with divine autumn sunshine and warm temperatures.
I even had a chance to explore the area a little bit.  I found a grocery store and navigated my way to a Mall to buy more essentials. I had my first coffee at the Dunkin Donuts, steps from my door and sampled delicious homemade soup from a nearby shop.  That's all I need!
I brought up boxes and bags of things that are from our 80's decorating years or older- from our parents. Treasures, that have been longing for a second life, waiting in the basement of our home.  Happily they have found new life and a home here -where the wall paper and carpeting are vintage 1980's.  Ironically the aged items, gathered over decades and lifetimes,  are a perfect fit for our new rental.

Congratulating myself on the progress that I made on my first trip-  Great job SELF!
Bob's Discount Furniture came through for us.  Everything that was promised came intact and on time.
I felt safe and comfortable collapsing on the Bob-O- Pedic, exhausted after a full day.

An unexpected surprise-- lunch with Beth.  She brought over soup and sandwiches while I waited for the Cable guy and the truck to deliver the furniture.  The excitement grew  when I was able to accompany her to an appointment to have The Nugget checked on.  This was an HUGE emotional treat.  A small piece of  everyday life that I have missed so much since she grew up and moved far enough away that it became an impossible luxury. Life is good.

No comments: