Thursday, October 11, 2007

and now for something completely different....




That's a quote that I've borrowed from one of the old MONTY PYTHON skits...

I took a break from my regular life this week. I drove up for a visit with my daughter and her husband. I brought along my best "girl" friend. She had never seen where they live, but has heard me talking about all of it, so it was time for her to see it for herself.
My daughter showed us all around her town. We toured the school where they teach. They took us to dinner and in general doted on us. We loved it! We did some fun touristy things, like visiting the "House of the Seven Gables", the Witch Museum and went on a dark of night, spooky ghost tour of Old Salem. We drove aimlessly up along the North Shore of Massachusetts hugging the coastline.
We oooohhh'd and aahhhh'd at the fabulous homes all along the way. It was all just for the fun of it.
We enjoyed the most beautiful of the last warm days of the fall.


No comments: