
This was our front page headline picture!
RED SOX WIN THE 2007 WORLD SERIES!!!!!
Yesterday, while all of Boston was celebrating the return of their winning team The BOSTON RED SOX, we were there too. The fans began arriving early in the morning, so did we. They were wearing their RED SOX shirts and hats, waving banners and positioning themselves all along the parade routes. We were going to see the surgeon and the oncologist.
Soon the city would be filled with thousands of loyal fans waving and cheering as their World Series Championship Team rode passed in the famous Duck boats of Boston. We were there too. We were just steps away, not on the parade route, but we were there in spirit. We were at Dana-Farber and Brigham and Women's Hospital in the heart of the Fenway RED SOX turf - just blocks from the ballpark itself-Fenway Park. Beth and Scott had taken us there once a few years ago! We took the T into the city (that was already exciting) and met Scott's folks- BIG Sox fans- for a nice dinner before the game. We saw the "green monster", drank cold beer, made a new friend named Brian and watched the Red Sox play! A great night to remember.
I watched the parade with a crowd of others who were trapped inside yesterday. I watched it and smiled. Those around me were cheering and chatting about their beloved Red Sox. Inside the hospital, in every department, the TV's were tuned in. Just think, it was happening just outside these doors. But it was happening inside too! The cheering, the kilt wearing -jig dancing, "air broom" playing-we all saw it too! The entire hospital stopped as the RED SOX parade began. It was a thrill for everyone, the doctors , patients and the staff. Everyone felt a part of it "Red Sox Nation".. It was a great day in Boston.
I was impressed by this years team. I stayed up and watched every game. The entire series.
(That wasn't too hard, the Red Sox swept the series.) I watched, cheered and marveled at the skills and strength of the young players- with their 90 + mile per hour pitching. I was amazed by the stamina of those old guys with their blown out knees and shoulders pushing themselves.
I think that I may actually like baseball. I don't know much about it. I don't know any "stats". But I liked it! It was FUN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment