I've caught the fever.When I listen to him speak I am emotionally and physically moved. I can feel my pulse quicken with the excitement of something new and exciting. I'm not sure if it is the words or the speaker. I believe that it's both. I believe that he might be able to bring Americans together. Maybe I'm being naive. Maybe we all should be a little more naive, less cynical, less combative.
I remember this feeling before in my life. I was in junior high school. We had a young president then. He inspired hope in America. He encouraged unity and community. His name was John Kennedy. I liked him too. I was ten years old then. I remember it all, the hope, the unity of the people. I feel that way again.
The Obama message brings me a feeling of HOPE and PROMISE for the future. I think that he could/should win the presidency. I understand that he is young, inexperienced politically, unvetted. He is also unencumbered by the Washington insider baggage. He has new ideas to change old problems. He will bring new brains into the White House to advise him. He'll have many older and wiser, tried and true voices to listen to, to guide him.
It's clear that the old guard has succeeded in destroying our economy with their extreme greed and good old boy networking. We are hated around the world. We rushed into a war and sent our young into an unending crisis in another culture that we failed to understand. Our American people are loosing their jobs and families are disintegrating. We need to take a new turn.
I like what he has to say. I will continue to listen. I want to know if he can lead us into the future. A future that we can be proud of, feel safe in and lead the rest of the world into.
I've got the FEVER. BARACK OBAMA is my candidate in '08.
No comments:
Post a Comment