It's the night before "Super Tuesday."
Last night the football warriors played their big game also known as, "The Superbowl." The New England Patriots, my team, were undefeated this year, 18-0, they were favored to win. The New York Giants are a scrappy team that came in as the underdogs. They weren't expected to even make the play-offs. Long story short... it was a great game! Our chili was spicey. The commercials were OK and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sounded GREAT- but looked really old!
My favorite team came in second. The underdogs were triumphant. I think that my team was overheated by the warmth of Arizona last night. They like it colder. If the arena's retractable roof had been open, they would have won. It was too hot! Speaking of hot...
Tomorrow my other favorite teams are challenging each other again. This time in the voting booths of many states. It's "Super Tuesday." I'm not a big Hillary Clinton fan. She is brilliant and persuasive when she speaks. She is favored to win the Democratic nomination. There is something missing for me with Hillary Clinton. I love that she is a confident, strong woman.
I love that she can play in the big leagues with the old white men of Washington. I am, however, tired of the "Clinton political style" of say or do anything to get elected. I don't believe that she can unite our country, she is divisive in her approach. I can't see her as our president. But I prefer her to John McCain, the war hawk. We've got to stop leading our young people into wars around the world and begin to use our brains and language skills to attain peaceful resolutions to lead the worlds people. I also think that he is too old and too wrapped up in who and what he owes in DC to be effective as our agent of change and unity on this planet.
I do however like Barack Obama. I think that he offers everything that I am looking for in this political race for the 08' presidency. I don't think that he has all of the answers to the problems that we face as a nation, but I believe that he has the ability to seek out the right courses, to ask the right questions and to gather the best cabinet of todays thinkers and planners to help us move in a new direction. He seems to be more inclined to have an attitude of peaceful resolution to conflicts that exist and that may crop up. I believe that he can be fair and balanced in uniting our very divided country/world. We'll have to see if he gets that opportunity to try. He is the underdog of the race.
GO out and VOTE!!! It's your time ... make a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment