Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A sunny place on Marco Island


This is a picutre of the view out of our condo on Marco Island. We inherited the condo from our in-laws after they passed away a few years ago. They also left us a summer home on Long Island Sound affectionately know as "the beach house". We don't use the Marco condo. We rent it out seasonally to northern snow birds from December through April. This covers most of the cost of ownership but doesn't give us any profit. So we've decided to sell it. We put it on the market last fall-but, no bites. Some friends and family members have used it, off of the high season, as a free get away spot. They all rave about their stays there.
It is a simple but lovely little place. The weather is tropical in the spring and as you can see the view is spectacular. Dolphins and boaters give you high def vistas in real time. So why don't we go down and use it?? I don't know!

I think that we should this year! I think that after we finish with the rounds of yuck (chemo/radiation and chemo) we should fly down for an injection of sun and outdoors.
April would be the perfect time for a little escape! I think I'll work on that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be there now!
SB