Tuesday, March 20, 2007

MY internal political turmoil is beginning....

This picture has nothing to do with the post. This is Jack and he's just plain lazy, but lovable.
My thoughts are more about my-- earlier than planned, political confusion.
I truly believe that Hillary Clinton is a highly accomplished and competent political contender. I just don't feel that she represents ME. Is she the strongest candidate in the Democrats field to run for the Presidency? I feel guilty. I am a very "pro-woman" female. I think that we should give her the opportunity to prove that she is capable of running the free world. But, I have doubts that the world would take her seriously, or for that matter would I. I think that her Presidency would be continuously blasted, undermined by the artillery fire power of angry "white men" who feel that it's just intrinsically wrong to have a woman in that position of power.
That raises the question of gender equality in leadership. I know that males and females are different in so many biological and physiological ways. Putting that aside- because life has shown us that men and women have the capacity to do greatness in the world (Mother Theresa- Gandhi) and to it's extreme -evil (Adolf Hitler or the Janjawe of the Sudan).
The true equality in leadership arrives at the level of ones commitment to use the power that they are given in the highest, most ethical ways (not religiously motivated), utilizing the clarity of vision for their families , their people and the worlds people and the means to attain a path, clearing the inevitable obstructions, to meet those goals. Integrity and power.. is that an oxymoron??
This is where I think that Mrs. Clinton may fall short for me. Is she focused enough to clear the hurdles? Can she blast through the wall that the world of men will erect to keep her from succeeding? Are my doubts what is keeping her from the opportunity to show the world what she can do?
I'm not convinced. Where does she stand on "my" important issues? She changes too often on several key issues for me to judge this. So far there is no one candidate, Democrat or Republican, who sings all the words to my song. There is thankfully, plenty of time to listen to all of the lyrics as our political candidates "sing the hits"!! It's a long political season 2008. I think it's GREAT that we can do this and wonder who will lead us into our futures. Any helpful thoughts??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree. HC is a weak candidate. She will not get the votes need to be the party nominee.

Anonymous said...

I think the world would never take her seriously after her husband had such lack of willpower morally while he was in office. Yes, I believe a woman could be very powerful and maybe it is what we need, but not Hillary.

Anonymous said...

I do not think Hillary would be a good President. Someday the right woman would be great. But, Hillary is unfortunately following in Bill's footsteps and YIKES, he was definitely lacking in the moral issues.

Anonymous said...

How could an intellegent, sane person consider any Clinton!